This page provides information about the UPhongolo Local Municipality (UPhongolo) website, including:
· purpose of the website
· description of the content available on the website
· additional help for accessing information on the website
· list of acronyms used on the website
Purpose of the website
The purpose of the UPhongolo website is to
· provide its target audience with easily accessible information about UPhongolo and it's activities and programmes
· disseminate information which falls within the mandate of the Municipality
· provide a vehicle for interaction between UPhongolo and the public
· promote the UPhongolo's image.
The main target audiences for the UPhongolo website are
· the broad public
· the media
· national, provincial and local government
· the international community.
Content available on the website
The website provides information about UPhongolo, including its vision, mission and key objectives, its structure, functions, initiatives and history. You can also find information on the Political and Administrative leadership of UPhongolo. In order to enhance the Municipalities transparency, the website provides an indication of UPhongolo human resource representivity and some of its internal human resource policies, while procurement information can also be accessed on the website.
The website contains information on strategic communication services, while information resources, such as reports, communication guidelines, newsletters and magazines, multimedia products, contact directories and a collection of biographies of government role-players can be found in the access to information section.
UPhongolo media statements and speeches and Cabinet statements are posted in the Newsroom as soon as it is made public. Newsworthy events UPhongolo is involved in are also announced.
Additional help to access information on the website
To help you find information, the site provides
· A search can be executed from any page on the site.
· A site map. The purpose of the site map is to provide a visual representation of the website. It enables you to orientate yourself to the site's structure.
· A page presenting frequently asked questions (FAQs) about UPhongolo.
Links to other websites are indicated by the text appearing when you move your mouse over the link. This link will open in a new browser window.
List of acronyms used
CBO - community-based organisation
CFO - Chief Financial Officer
CIO - Chief Information Officer
CS - Corporate Services
EIR - Electronic Information Resources
EHWP - Employee Health and Wellness Programme
ESE - Economic Sectors and Employment (cluster)
EXCO - Executive committee
FAQs - frequently asked questions
GCF - Government Communicators Forum
GCIS - Government Communication and Information System
GCP - Government Communication Programme
CFO - Chief Financial Officer
GIC - Government Information Centre
G&ML - Government and Media Liaison
HRM - Human Resource Management
HTML - Hypertext markup language
ICTS- International Cooperation, Trade and security (cluster)
IMC - International Marketing Council
I&ML - International and Media Liaison
IMC - International Media Council
IM&T - Information Management and Technology
IT - information technology
JCPS - Justice, Crime Prevention and Security (cluster)
MDDA - Media Development and Diversity Agency
MLO - Ministerial Liaison Officer
MMEs - Medium and Macro Enterprises
NGO - Non-governmental Organsisation
NL - National Liaison
PACAS - Policy co-ordination and Services
PIMS - Project Information and Management System
PIT - Public Information Terminal
P&LL - Provincial and Local Liaison
PDF - Portable document format
SADC - Southern African Development Community
SAQA - South African Qualifications Authority
SD - System Development
SETA - Sector Education and Training Authority
SMMEs - Small, Medium and Macro Enterprises
WIMS - Ward Level Information Management System